Organizing My Life!

We are over halfway through the month of January 2017 already.  Have you gotten the chance to make some new year's resolution or set some goals for this year?  Making major commitments like a hard core workout plan or dropping certain food groups just doesn't work for me.  I over commit myself at the beginning of each year only to feel overwhelmed with the feeling of failure.  Not this year!  Oh no...I just picked small goals that I could take baby steps to achieve.  One thing I wanted to work on was time management.  I know, time management isn't a 'small' goal for some people, BUT...that was the thing I wanted to tackle in 2017...gradually and in a way that will work for me without feeling overly committed to doing one major thing that I knew I couldn't handle.

So, my plan...was to get a nice planner for 2017.  I came across THE BEST planner ever while Christmas shopping for gifts.  I actually got one for a dear friend as a gift and decided I needed one as well.  I usually wouldn't splurge on a planner but in this case...I was getting a great deal since it was the holidays AND this planner was a must have for me!  I'll tell you why!  

First they come in three sizes, the largest one is about the size of a regular notebook paper, the smallest is about the size of a 5x7 picture (I think)...I chose to go with the middle size.  It's not too small to write in (I write big) but not too big where I wouldn't want to carry it around with me.  The medium size one still fits in my purse.

The front and back covers are laminated so it feels thick and sturdy, not easily bent.  The spiral binding makes it easy to open to whichever page you'd want and you flip the front cover all the way to the back for easy writing or resting in your lap.

Inside has the yearly calendar for 2017 AND 2018, then there are monthly calendars followed by the weekly calendars for each month.  Each month are sectioned off with tabs to make easy access to any month you want.

Not only the covers and inside are so colorfully designed, there are sheets of stickers!!!  Stickers to help you keep track of dates:  birthdays, appointments, vacations, and so much more.  That's not it, there's a built in pocket folder AND a clear ziplock pouch to hold items like pencils, erasers, and paper clips.

I couldn't wait to use this planner.  I busted this thing open as soon and 2017 was here!  I didn't even know where to begin.  Oh yeah, there's also a page to list everyone's birthday for each month, a section to list contact information and a few sheets for note taking!  Whoever designed this planner thought of it all..and made is so colorful and fun to use.

I carry it everyday with me, pretty much everywhere I go that I take my purse.  The weekly calendar has really kept me organized from week to week.  I am able to keep up with my husband's work schedule, the kids school schedule, the kids sports, appointments of all sorts, upcoming vacations and so much more.  

So as I have fun writing in my planner, it's slowly organizing my time everyday and help me keep track of my life's event.  I don't even feel like I'm 'working' at a goal, writing in my planner is just an everyday thing now, like brushing my teeth.  The only difference is that writing in the planner is soooooo much more fun!

first page after opening the cover

montly calendar

weekly calendar

tabs of each month
page of stickers

another page of stickers


ANOTHER PAGE OF STICKERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment