Fried Rice In No Time!

I am not a big cook, never have been, but I have found it enjoyable and am getting better at it (maybe).  Cooking has to be easy or else I won't bother with it, so simple recipes are ideal (though cooking can be fun, I juggle too many things everyday to sacrifice two or three hours messing around in the kitchen).  Although my husband is Spanish and I am Asian, American food gets prepared the most in our home.  After a while, we start craving foods that we grew up eating, for me that would be fried rice with Chinese sausages!!!  Here is a fried rice recipe that's very easy to follow that tastes even better than the fried rice you buy at those Chinese fast food places!  

Ingredients:
*yellow onions (chopped) *green leaf onions (chopped) *mixed vegetables *eggs (beaten)
*white rice (cooked) *Chinese sausages (chopped) *seasoning sauce/soy sauce 
~~**I did not measure anything, I just use more or less to my liking and preference.  **~~ 

1.  Heat up some cooking oil in a deep frying pan or large wok.

2.  Meanwhile, follow the directions on the bag to steam the mixed vegetables.
I like using this particular kind that I can pop in the microwave
for just a few minutes.

3.  When the oil is heated, toss in both types of onions along with the Chinese sausages. 
 I like to stir-fry the ingredients until the sausages are a little crispy but not burnt.

4.  Dump in the rice and mix it in well until the rice is coated
evenly with oil.  If the rice looks too dry, I sometimes
drizzle in a little more oil.
5.  Now give a few good splashes of seasoning sauce, this really
 adds flavor to the white rice.  Continue to mix everything together.


6.  Pour the beaten eggs over the rice mixture and stir-fry until eggs are completely cooked, no gooey spots.  At this point, you may add more seasoning sauce if it tastes too bland.
7.  Lastly, mix in the steamed vegetables.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment