Packing Lunches For My Family

My Children just started school this week, my son's birthday was on the first day of school and he's having a party this Sunday.  It may seem that's not so bad to deal with, but when you're a full time hairstylist that run her own salon business it can get chaotic trying to fulfill the MOM role.  Thanks to Pinterest, this mom right here has meal plans covered!!!  I have a daughter that entered the 8th grade this year and my son started kindergarten.  These two pack their lunches for school and so does my husband for work, all three of them do it Monday through Friday (I don't pack a lunch because I get to close up shop to come home for lunch, one of the perks of being the boss).  So, I went on Pinterest and searched things like 'meal plan ideas' 'lunch ideas for kids' 'meal plan organizer' and 'packing school lunches'.  I came across a weekly lunch planner and a list of school lunch ideas that I really like and am currently using.  Since I have two kids at home in two different age groups, I plan separate meals for each of them, then from that weekly lunch planner I compose my grocery list.  Doing this weekly makes it so much less overwhelming.  I use to buy as much as I can in one trip to the store thinking it saves me time and the groceries will last longer if I buy a lot of it at one time.  Well...I discovered that doesn't work well in my family.  Not only I feel like I'm spending more money, I don't really know what to buy, I randomly grab stuff to fill up the cart, it still seems like we have nothing to eat, and eventually my family gets tired of eating the same stuff over and over again.  After eating turkey sandwiches four to five days in a row they turn nauseous if I just say the word 'turkey', then any left over of it just sits there and goes bad which results in wasting money.  I only plan lunch meals for the two kids, there's plenty left from what I buy for both that my husband can take for his lunch so it works out great!     


Ideas and Free Printables From
www.livinglocurto.com


No comments:

Post a Comment